cool hand bak

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.

Monday, December 13, 2004

If Only I Was A Star


Another Sleater-Kinney related post today. This one's about a song called "Oh Carrie Brownstein" and it's by The Short Happy Life. The Short Happy Life is actually just Jerry Fels. Not much to say about this song, it's a bit of novelty to me and that's why I'm posting it. I'll let Jerry introduce it:

"Oh Carrie Brownstein" is the one I always play that goes "Oh Carrie Carrie blah blah blah", but I bet you didn't know that it's really about the time Carrie Brownstein from Sleater-Kinney and I walked past each other at The Middle East in Cambridge but didn't recognize each other (I didn't realize she was so short, and she only knows me by my handwriting and by the subsequent restraining order she put on me).

The Short Happy Life - "Oh Carrie Brownstein"

So it's a short, almost catchy stalker-anthem. Personally, I would have written it for Corin Tucker (I ♥ Corin), but it's not my song.

"Oh Carrie Brownstein" was released on The Album Is Also Called The Short Happy Life (not funny!), which came out on Nobody's Favorite Records. As far as I can tell Jerry doesn't have a website, but there is this.

P.S. I almost forgot to observe that today marks my blog's one month-iversary. Yay me! Wow woopy doo. One month down...
 

Click Here