cool hand bak

Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

It's Going To Be Wild




The greatest band on Earth, maybe even in the universe, is getting dangerously close to releasing their seventh album, The Woods, on May 24th. I realize that, maybe, many of the people who are excited about this have already downloaded the entire album, but to my knowledge the first legal downloads were made available in the last couple days. Here be the goods:

Sleater-Kinney - "Entertain"

Sleater-Kinney - "Entertain [Video]" (For high speed.)

Sleater-Kinney - "Entertain [Video]" (For not-so-high speed.)

I've not listened to "Entertain" yet, watched the video, nor had any other exposure to The Woods beyond hearing some of the songs live. I want the album to be completely fresh and new to me when I pick it up the day of release. If anyone wants to comment on the song though, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I don't think you can really spoil a song the way you can a film or a book.

Besides that, S-K have completely redesigned their site with new photos, new T-shirt designs, a quiz, a page for Janet's mix-tapes (only one so far, but the girl's got taste!) and even a blog. They say they'll be posting to the blog regularly, but we'll see how long that lasts. As for the quiz, I took it of course and got a middling score; it's damn hard!

The band will be playing a few European dates over the next week, then they'll return to the Northwest, where I'll be seeing them in Seattle and Portland. After that they've got quite a tour scheduled, so catch them if you can. Their website, for more information.
 

Click Here